What is Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS)?
Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS), also called cloud backup, or managed backup service, is a method of outsourcing the backup, storage and recovery of important systems and files to a cloud service provider (CSP), such as Paradyn. This approach relieves an organization of the burden of handling their own backup and recovery processes with their on-premises IT department and is much easier to manage than other offsite services. Typical offsite data storage involves rotating and managing tapes or hard disks at a remote location. With a BaaS solution, all of the maintenance and management is turned over to the provider, who connects the client’s IT systems to a private, public or hybrid cloud managed by the CSP.
Organizations chose off-site backup solutions to ensure protection of their data in the event of data loss locally, regional natural or man-made disaster. If a fire, flood, tornado, hurricane, etc. destroys the building where the production system resides, the off-site backup won’t be impacted because it is not co-located with the original data and system.
In addition, if your organization is the target of a malware attack, such as ransomware, your production data and on-site backups can be compromised. Off-site backups are secure from cyberattacks and can be used to restore your systems to a pre-ransomware status.
Why Use Paradyn’s Backup-as-a-Service?
- Immutable backups
- Backup Quality Testing
- Individual File Recovery
- Capacity Planning and growth forecasting
- End-to-end encryption and single pane of glass visibility
- Customisable RPOs and low RTOs
- VM restoration in minutes
- WAN Acceleration for bandwidth optimization
- Utilise the external backup functionality to mitigate data loss
- Storage level corruption guards and auto-healing data block technology
- Reduce consumption with native compression and deduplication methods
- Protect all workstations across multiple sites
- Physical workstation and server backups
- Built-in insider threat protection
What are Immutable Backups?
An immutable backup is a backup file that can’t be altered in any way. An immutable backup should be unchangeable and able to deploy to production servers immediately in case of ransomware attacks or other data loss.